The Feodorovskaya Icon of the Mother of God was lost in the 13th century Mongol invasion of Russia, but was miraculously rediscovered by Prince Vasily of Kostroma several months later, while he was hunting in the forest. During Prince Vasily's excursion, St. Theodore Stratelates (in Russian, Feodor Stratilat) was seen by many in Kostroma carrying an icon of the Theotokos, and so his name came to be associated with the icon.
Several centuries later, the first Romanov Tsar Michael was blessed by his mother with a copy of the icon upon his accession to the throne. It thus became the patronal icon of the Romanov family. Today the original icon resides in the Kostroma Theophany Cathedral.
5" x 6.25"
A custom-fitting wooden shrine, called "kiot" in Russian, is also available for this icon. Find it here >>
It has been reported that, “the newly-glorified Saint Nikephoros the Leper has appeared in Greece to a pious Orthodox serviceman and assured him that he will intercede for all who...
The Kazan icon was discovered on July 8, 1579, in the city of Kazan, after the Theotokos herself revealed its location. The icon was credited with helping Russia to repel...
The risen Lord Jesus is depicted between the two angels who announced the glad tidings of His Resurrection to His disciples. 5.25" x 4.5"
A beautiful triptych with the central image of Christ raising Adam and Eve from the dead, with side panels of King David, a righteous woman of the Old Testament and...