Important Information Regarding Guest Visits
Due to the increased number of visitors to our monastery, we feel the need to inform and advise all potential visitors of the following:
- Please familiarize yourself with the Visitors’ Guide prior to your arrival at the monastery.
- If you are a first-time visitor, or if you haven’t filled out the form before, please complete the online visitor information form before your arrival. All information is kept strictly confidential.
- When traveling to the monastery DO NOT USE GPS!! You will get lost! (Garmin, Magellin, TomTom... it doesn’t matter. Your GPS won't work around the monastery - even if you have “a really good one.”) Please follow our directions to the monastery. If you do get lost, it is difficult to contact the monastery as cell phone service is spotty in our area, so please prepare your visit ahead of time with good, old-fashioned MAPS and directions, and you should be fine.
- You must arrive by 9pm, and no later! For the safety and good ordering of the monastery, without any exception we close the gates to our monastery entrance road at 9pm sharp. The gates remain closed for the night until before the church services the next morning. This means that if you arrive after 9pm, you will need to find lodging for the night either in the town of Wayne or nearby Barboursville or Huntington. We regret to have to enforce this rule, but increased traffic through the monastery at night - both invited and uninvited - has brought about the need to do so. This is a very common monastic practice.
- No pets! We love animals, but please leave your pets at home. (We assure you that our cats and dogs will keep you company while you are here.)
- Able-bodied men: participation in the life of the monastery during your stay may involve outdoor work, sometimes in the rain or cold, so we ask that if possible you bring appropriate footwear and clothing.
Following these simple rules will go a great deal to help preserve the monastery as a place of quiet and prayer. Thank you very much for your understanding and cooperation, and God bless you!
Arranging a Visit
We are happy to share our monastic life with visitors and are able to offer overnight accommodations. However, our guest facilities at present are very limited and we request that all guests contact us well in advance to schedule a day visit or longer stay. Overnight visits are booking out several months in advance, so please plan ahead. Once you have made a reservation, please advise us of any changes to your travel plans.
Store Contact Information
If you are stopping by just to visit the monastery store, please call in advance to check if it is open. Often the service schedule and work projects change the hours of operation.
|9:15 am - 11:30 am & 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
|9:15 am - 11:30 am
|Sunday & Feast Days
|After services and morning meal, according to need