Holy Cross Monastery
505 Holy Cross Rd
Wayne, WV 25570-5403
Directions from I-64 near Huntington, West Virginia
Note: These directions correspond to the numbered circles on the map at the bottom of this page.
- Take exit #8, Hwy 152, and head south for 13.3 miles. You will pass through the town of Lavalette. After this, you will pass a shopping center on your left (with a Wendy’s and a KFC, and a Wal-Mart farther back from the road), then a saw mill on your right.
- Take the first left turn past the saw mill (crossing a bridge). This is Wilson Creek Rd. Go 4.1 miles on Wilson Creek Rd, keeping to the left at the first fork (follow the double yellow lines).
- Turn right at Millers Fork Rd. There is a sign which reads “Holy Cross Monastery.” Drive 1.5 miles on Millers Fork Rd.
- Take the Left Fork of Millers Fork Rd (at the fork you will see another sign for the monastery). Drive 2.2 miles.
- Watch for a larger sign: “Holy Cross Monastery.” Turn right at the gravel road. Drive 1/2 mile, passing over the large culvert, then bearing left and following the gravel road up a large hill (you will pass another large sign with information for visitors and a large wooden cross at the base of the hill).
- Coming to the top of the hill, you will pass several buildings to your left before coming to a gravel parking lot and another large wooden cross. You may park in this lot.
- If you are staying at the Monastery Guest House, pass through the monastery grounds continuing on the gravel road for another 1/2 mile. The Guest House is a log home on your right, next to a small cemetary. Parking is on the left.