Port Arthur Icon of the Triumph of the Theotokos (Hermitage)
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way
The American copy of the Port Arthur icon of the Mother of God is permanently housed at the Hermitage of the Holy Cross. The original historic icon was painted in 1903 on the eve the Russo-Japanese War and sent to the Far East of Russia. Lost after the revolution, the icon was found abroad many years later and brought back to Vladivostok in 1998. It is venerated as the precious treasure of the Orthodox Christians in that area, and a copy is often carried in procession on the coast of the Primorye Region.
Read the full story of the Port Arthur icon,