This convenient pocket size book contains the necessary texts for the celebration of the liturgy of St John Chrysostom by the priest and deacon, interpolated with comprehensive rubrical directions. Texts sung by the choir are also shown. The parallel format gives the Church Slavonic texts on the left page and the English on the right. The book includes the proskomedia, daily and festal dismissals, thanksgiving prayers, petitions for the sick, for travellers, etc. Printed with red and black ink. Includes two ribbons.
Changes in the fourth edition:
1) Font sizes have been increased and made uniform throughout the book.
2) Slavonic text has been thoroughly edited for typographical accuracy and consistency
3) Passages from the psalms in English have been taken from the Psalter for Prayer (Jordanville, NY: 2011)
4) Minor revisions to liturgical translations and rubrics
5) The order of certain commemorations has been revised to match the 2008 directive of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.
Hardcover, 287 pp.
In honor of the upcoming 15th anniversary of the wondrous appearance of the miraculous Myrrh-streaming Iveron Icon of the Mother of God of Hawaii (2022), the Orthodox Hawaiian Iveron Icon...
From the richness of his work as a Professor of Patristics and Early Church History, His Grace, Bishop Irenei offers us in this small but timely volume, as balm for...
This Commemoration Book is designed for collecting the names of your loved ones and all those for whom you offer prayers. It contains eleven pages for the Living, and ten...
This new addition to the Series of Akathists is a Canon of Prayer, to be said on behalf of one who has taken his or her own life. Intended for ...