This convenient pocket size book contains the necessary texts for the celebration of the liturgy of St John Chrysostom by the priest and deacon, interpolated with comprehensive rubrical directions. Texts sung by the choir are also shown. The parallel format gives the Church Slavonic texts on the left page and the English on the right. The book includes the proskomedia, daily and festal dismissals, thanksgiving prayers, petitions for the sick, for travellers, etc. Printed with red and black ink. Includes two ribbons.
Changes in the fourth edition:
1) Font sizes have been increased and made uniform throughout the book.
2) Slavonic text has been thoroughly edited for typographical accuracy and consistency
3) Passages from the psalms in English have been taken from the Psalter for Prayer (Jordanville, NY: 2011)
4) Minor revisions to liturgical translations and rubrics
5) The order of certain commemorations has been revised to match the 2008 directive of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.
Hardcover, 287 pp.
Illustrated by Megan Elizabeth Gilbert Beautiful Christmas is a 64-page coloring book for children aged 5-12. As they color Christ in the cave or the shepherds glorifying God with the angels,...
The way of life of the fourth-century Desert Fathers, with its emphasis on solitude, silence and unceasing prayer, has inspired many modern spiritual writers. Why do the Desert Fathers have...
For more than sixteen centuries, John Cassian has been honoured by the universal Church as one of the greatest of early monastic writers. The breadth of his experience of eremitical...
Translated into English for the first time by John Chryssavgis, these Reflections present, with great simplicity, the day-to-day teaching and example of one of the great sixth-century eremitical Fathers of...