This convenient pocket size book contains the necessary texts for the celebration of the liturgy of St John Chrysostom by the priest and deacon, interpolated with comprehensive rubrical directions. Texts sung by the choir are also shown. The parallel format gives the Church Slavonic texts on the left page and the English on the right. The book includes the proskomedia, daily and festal dismissals, thanksgiving prayers, petitions for the sick, for travellers, etc. Printed with red and black ink. Includes two ribbons.
Changes in the fourth edition:
1) Font sizes have been increased and made uniform throughout the book.
2) Slavonic text has been thoroughly edited for typographical accuracy and consistency
3) Passages from the psalms in English have been taken from the Psalter for Prayer (Jordanville, NY: 2011)
4) Minor revisions to liturgical translations and rubrics
5) The order of certain commemorations has been revised to match the 2008 directive of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.
Hardcover, 287 pp.
The Elders of Optina Monastery have had a tremendous impact on Russian society, calling forth a nationwide blossoming of sanctity. During the course of a century, their prophecy and God-illumined...
St. Ignatius Brianchaninov (1807-1867) is renowned as a writer on the spiritual life in general. What is less well known is that throughout most of his adult life he struggled...
A Child's Guide to Prayer is a beautifully illustrated prayer book for Orthodox Christian children aged 5-10 who are just developing a habit of prayer. The selection includes morning and evening...
New Men chronicles one year in the life of Holy Cross Monastery. Over the course of the Church year, a picture of life at Holy Cross unfolds over a backdrop of rolling...