This convenient pocket size book contains the necessary texts for the celebration of the liturgy of St John Chrysostom by the priest and deacon, interpolated with comprehensive rubrical directions. Texts sung by the choir are also shown. The parallel format gives the Church Slavonic texts on the left page and the English on the right. The book includes the proskomedia, daily and festal dismissals, thanksgiving prayers, petitions for the sick, for travellers, etc. Printed with red and black ink. Includes two ribbons.
Changes in the fourth edition:
1) Font sizes have been increased and made uniform throughout the book.
2) Slavonic text has been thoroughly edited for typographical accuracy and consistency
3) Passages from the psalms in English have been taken from the Psalter for Prayer (Jordanville, NY: 2011)
4) Minor revisions to liturgical translations and rubrics
5) The order of certain commemorations has been revised to match the 2008 directive of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.
Hardcover, 287 pp.
My joy, I beg you, acquire the Spirit of Peace. That means to bring oneself to such a state that our spirit will not be disturbed by anything. For one...
The Saints of the Church are the living seeds of Christ’s teachings that sprout across the ages and grow into mighty, spiritual trees, under which we find shelter from the...
By Mother Mary and Kallistos WareThe present volume forms a supplement to The Lenten Triodion. It contains all the offices to be found in the Greek Triodion, but omitted for...
By Mother Mary and Kallistos WareThe complete service books of the Orthodox Church for Great Lent. This volume includes an introduction on the Meaning of the Great Fast by Bishop...