This convenient pocket size book contains the necessary texts for the celebration of the liturgy of St John Chrysostom by the priest and deacon, interpolated with comprehensive rubrical directions. Texts sung by the choir are also shown. The parallel format gives the Church Slavonic texts on the left page and the English on the right. The book includes the proskomedia, daily and festal dismissals, thanksgiving prayers, petitions for the sick, for travellers, etc. Printed with red and black ink. Includes two ribbons.
Changes in the fourth edition:
1) Font sizes have been increased and made uniform throughout the book.
2) Slavonic text has been thoroughly edited for typographical accuracy and consistency
3) Passages from the psalms in English have been taken from the Psalter for Prayer (Jordanville, NY: 2011)
4) Minor revisions to liturgical translations and rubrics
5) The order of certain commemorations has been revised to match the 2008 directive of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.
Hardcover, 287 pp.
Did you know there was a saint who used a dogsled for transportation? Or a saint who turned down a marriage proposal from the Roman Emperor? How about the saint who...
In the autumn of 1892 a young Russian peasant named Simeon from the province of Tambov was drawn to that ancient repository of Orthodox spirituality, Mt Athos. He had done...
The 2022 Orthodox Children’s Calendar, “A Life In Christ”, journeys through the life of an Orthodox Christian, beginning with a churching and ending with a memorial. We attempt to answer the...
Selected and translated by Joan M. Petersen Throughout the Christian world, women have chosen to lead disciplined lives of prayer and asceticism. Descriptions of early role-models Macrina, the two Paulas...